fredag, november 18, 2005

Wuthering Heights

1801 – I have just returned from a visit to my landlord – the solitary
neighbour that I shall be troubled with. This is certainly a beautiful
country! In all England, I do not believe that I could have fixed on a
situation so completely removed from the stir of society. A perfect
misanthropist’s Heaven: and Mr Heathcliff and I are such a suitable
pair to divide the desolation between us. A capital fellow! He little
imagined how my heart warmed towards him when I beheld his
black eyes withdraw so suspiciously under their brows, as I rode up,
and when his fingers sheltered themselves, with a jealous resolution,
still further in his waistcoat, as I announced my name.

Dette er begynnelsen på Emily Brontës roman Wuthering Heights fra 1847. Den som vil kan få låne:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Åse Toril said...

Den er fantastisk! E leste den på norsk da e gikk på videregående, men da e såg boka stå i bokhylla på engelskavdelinga på Haugen Bok, kunne e ikkje la være å kjøpe den.

Utelukkende pga. FORMATET! --sjå link: http://asetoril.blogspot.com/2005/08/en-idealistisk-forbrukerslavinne.html

Men den e like fin som før inni også ;)

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger Hilma said...

Jeg trodde det var Kate Bush som hadde skrevet den.






(hahahahaha)

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Ragnhild OO said...

Åse Toril: Tror faktisk vi har kjøpt den samme boken på Haugen! Det er den fineste lille femiboka jeg noen gang har sett:)
Hilma: Hehee:) Kate Bush kunne i alle fall ha fått rollen som hysteriske Catherine Linton i boka:) Fan! E du foll eller??? Jeg er litt redusert etter gårsdagen:)

8:30 p.m.  
Blogger Jimy Maack said...

I prefer the Kate Bush version myself.
I always think of Heathcliff as the cat (the one that looks like a Garfield imitation)

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Ragnhild OO said...

The autumn weather is not much to brag about on these parts of the world either, but the colours of the leaves are nice:) I cant imagine you feeling the same way, seeing as there are almost no trees in Iceland… I was over there some summers ago and visited Reykjavik and Akureyri (and saw only a very small number of trees) with the amazing result of learning a few and very important Icelandic words: Heitur pulsur, gaman, sígarettur and öll:)
The reason that I stumbled over your blogg was that I am currently writing my term paper (deadly boring) and therefore try to do anything but write. I clicked on Deep Purple on my profile to see if anyone other than me was living in the past, and the only person who popped up was you. And that’s the whole story behind the mysterious comment:)

3:12 a.m.  

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home